Airpod case won’t charge

My 2nd gen AirPod case won’t charge, it’s stuck on 5% but my AirPods still charge with the cord

Posted on Aug 18, 2023 6:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2023 11:22 PM

tuscany48 Said:

"Airpod case won’t charge: My 2nd gen AirPod case won’t charge, it’s stuck on 5% but my AirPods still charge with the cord"

-------

Troubleshooting AirPods Charging Case:

How to Fix This:

Try troubleshooting the power manually...

A. A Few Links to Visit:

B. Try the Following Tasks:

• Hold Down the Button on the case for about 15 seconds.

• Use an Apple Brand Cable - not a third party one - cool though it may look, a fabric, third-part cable would likely tear - (Apple cable's are plastic and are intended for Apple)

• Remove the AirPod from the Case, then place it back in the charger. Perhaps it need to resync with he charger.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2023 11:22 PM in response to tuscany48

tuscany48 Said:

"Airpod case won’t charge: My 2nd gen AirPod case won’t charge, it’s stuck on 5% but my AirPods still charge with the cord"

-------

Troubleshooting AirPods Charging Case:

How to Fix This:

Try troubleshooting the power manually...

A. A Few Links to Visit:

B. Try the Following Tasks:

• Hold Down the Button on the case for about 15 seconds.

• Use an Apple Brand Cable - not a third party one - cool though it may look, a fabric, third-part cable would likely tear - (Apple cable's are plastic and are intended for Apple)

• Remove the AirPod from the Case, then place it back in the charger. Perhaps it need to resync with he charger.

Airpod case won’t charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.