iPad is Disabled: Connect to Itunes

On my way home, I came across this small iPad in the trash. I accidentally dropped my hand sanitizer when emptying my garbage, but fortunately it landed directly inside an empty box. However, as I reached inside to grab my hand sanitizer, I suddenly noticed something shimmy underneath in case I dropped my keys or something similar. I quickly reached over to see what it was, and boom, it was a mini iPad that had either been lost or thrown away because it might damage something similar. So the question is: Should I turn it on in an effort to have the owner find it and then come get it?

So the question is: Should I turn it on in an effort to have the owner find it and then come get it? It says iPad is disabled; connect to iTunes, which is unfortunate. I do not, however, have iTunes, nor are my Android and Chromebook devices compatible with it. Please tell me how to fix the problem of enabling the disabled iPad?

Posted on Aug 18, 2023 11:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2023 4:20 AM

As this iPad is not showing contact information of the owner, you will have no way of independently tracing its owner; Apple will not assist with tracing the owner.

The iPad is useless to you; any attempt to reset the iPad will trigger an Activation Lock that can only be satisfied by the bona-fide owner of the AppleID that last successfully activated the iPad.

Assuming that the iPad that you have found is either lost or stolen, you would be best advised to promptly hand the device to your local authorities - providing information as to where and when it was found. The owner may already have notified loss or theft to the authorities.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2023 4:20 AM in response to TaitoT

As this iPad is not showing contact information of the owner, you will have no way of independently tracing its owner; Apple will not assist with tracing the owner.

The iPad is useless to you; any attempt to reset the iPad will trigger an Activation Lock that can only be satisfied by the bona-fide owner of the AppleID that last successfully activated the iPad.

Assuming that the iPad that you have found is either lost or stolen, you would be best advised to promptly hand the device to your local authorities - providing information as to where and when it was found. The owner may already have notified loss or theft to the authorities.

iPad is Disabled: Connect to Itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.