Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipad is stuck in guided access and i don't remember the passcode, when i turn ipad off and on again, i go into settings but cannot go any further settings screen is frozen. How do it get out of guided session?

My 6th generation ipad is stuck in guided access and i don't remember the passcode, when i turn ipad off and on again, i go into settings but cannot go any further settings screen is frozen. How do it get out of guided session?

iPad

Posted on Aug 19, 2023 12:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2023 12:26 AM

If you have forgotten the guided access passcode, you can try and turn It off via face or Touch ID

• Use the Guided Access passcode: Triple-click the Home button or top button (depending on your iPad model), then enter the Guided Access passcode.
  • Use Touch ID: On an iPad with Touch ID turned on, double-click the Home button or top button (depending on your model), then unlock with Touch ID.
  • Use Face ID: On an iPad with Face ID turned on, double-click the top button, then unlock with Face ID.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2023 12:26 AM in response to mschristian272

If you have forgotten the guided access passcode, you can try and turn It off via face or Touch ID

• Use the Guided Access passcode: Triple-click the Home button or top button (depending on your iPad model), then enter the Guided Access passcode.
  • Use Touch ID: On an iPad with Touch ID turned on, double-click the Home button or top button (depending on your model), then unlock with Touch ID.
  • Use Face ID: On an iPad with Face ID turned on, double-click the top button, then unlock with Face ID.

Feb 27, 2024 8:38 AM in response to Rickandmortyo

Rickandmortyo wrote:

So My ipad 8th gen is currently locked on guided access and I don’t remember a single digit of the passcode, the keypad is working everything’s fine except the passcode I forgot, I tried to force reboot it which did not work as it took me back into the app. Then I opened the keypad and try using Touch ID, after that it did not work as well. Please help, I don’t have Face ID or remember it.

The only way to get out of Guided Access without the GA Passcode is to forcibly reboot your device.

Force restart iPad - Apple Support

Once your device is restarted, you can then go to Settings > Accessibility > Guided Access > Guided Access - and turn off Guided Access if needed.

Use Guided Access on iPad - Apple Support

Use Guided Access with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Feb 27, 2024 8:20 AM in response to WheelieNick

So My ipad 8th gen is currently locked on guided access and I don’t remember a single digit of the passcode, the keypad is working everything’s fine except the passcode I forgot, I tried to force reboot it which did not work as it took me back into the app. Then I opened the keypad and try using Touch ID, after that it did not work as well. Please help, I don’t have Face ID or remember it.

My ipad is stuck in guided access and i don't remember the passcode, when i turn ipad off and on again, i go into settings but cannot go any further settings screen is frozen. How do it get out of guided session?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.