Setting up my new phone

I’m trying to setup my new phone. From selecting the country, the next step doesn’t go thru, it says “unable to activate because internet but i’v connected it to my wifi. What do I do pls?

Posted on Aug 19, 2023 2:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2023 11:33 PM

Re: Setting up my new phone : it says “unable to activate because internet but i’v connected it to my wifi.

What do I do pls?

Apple support's online article may be helpful

Set up your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

says:

Step 3:

You need to connect to a Wi-Fi network or a cellular network to activate and continue setting up your device. 

Tap the Wi-Fi network that you want to use or, if available, tap Continue Without Wi-Fi to use your device's cellular network.

If you're setting up an iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular), you might need to insert your iPhone SIM card or iPad SIM card first. You might also be asked to activate your eSIM.

Get help if you can't connect to Wi-Fi or if you can't activate your iPhone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2023 11:33 PM in response to Baah2

Re: Setting up my new phone : it says “unable to activate because internet but i’v connected it to my wifi.

What do I do pls?

Apple support's online article may be helpful

Set up your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

says:

Step 3:

You need to connect to a Wi-Fi network or a cellular network to activate and continue setting up your device. 

Tap the Wi-Fi network that you want to use or, if available, tap Continue Without Wi-Fi to use your device's cellular network.

If you're setting up an iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular), you might need to insert your iPhone SIM card or iPad SIM card first. You might also be asked to activate your eSIM.

Get help if you can't connect to Wi-Fi or if you can't activate your iPhone.

Setting up my new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.