Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

My MacBook Air battery health drop to 95% in just 82 cycle count in 6 months. Do I need to Worry?

In 6 months of Usage, my MacBook air m1 battery health dropped to 95% in 82 cycle count. The battery also drop 10% in 40 minutes and I was only using Safari. Is it common or do I need to worry? Please help me with this.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Aug 19, 2023 2:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2023 2:58 AM

This behavior is expected. All rechargeable batteries are consumable components that become less effective as they chemically age. As lithium-ion batteries chemically age, the amount of charge they can hold diminishes, resulting in shorter amounts of time before a device needs to be recharged. The Battery Health screen you're referring to includes information on maximum battery capacity and peak performance capability.

Maximum battery capacity measures the device battery capacity relative to when it was new. A battery will have lower capacity as the battery chemically ages which may result in fewer hours of usage between charges. A normal battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 500 complete charge cycles when operating under normal conditions. The one-year warranty includes service coverage for a defective battery. If it is out of warranty, Apple offers battery service for a charge. Learn more about charge cycles, or read a more in-depth guide into batteries.

Finally you can use Apple Diagnostics to test for battery issues. Learn how to use Apple Diagnostics. Hope this helps!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2023 2:58 AM in response to Manishkunzz

This behavior is expected. All rechargeable batteries are consumable components that become less effective as they chemically age. As lithium-ion batteries chemically age, the amount of charge they can hold diminishes, resulting in shorter amounts of time before a device needs to be recharged. The Battery Health screen you're referring to includes information on maximum battery capacity and peak performance capability.

Maximum battery capacity measures the device battery capacity relative to when it was new. A battery will have lower capacity as the battery chemically ages which may result in fewer hours of usage between charges. A normal battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 500 complete charge cycles when operating under normal conditions. The one-year warranty includes service coverage for a defective battery. If it is out of warranty, Apple offers battery service for a charge. Learn more about charge cycles, or read a more in-depth guide into batteries.

Finally you can use Apple Diagnostics to test for battery issues. Learn how to use Apple Diagnostics. Hope this helps!

My MacBook Air battery health drop to 95% in just 82 cycle count in 6 months. Do I need to Worry?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.