MacBook battery health drop to 97% in 28 cycle

I purchase MacBook 2 month ago and my battery health drop to 97% in just 28cycle is it normal or should I visit apple service centre for that.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Sep 3, 2023 10:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2023 10:59 AM

Cycle count has no bearing on battery health. If you'd left the Mac plugged in for 10 years the cycle count would be very low, possibly even 1, yet the battery would still degrade.

97% is very good. Battery degradation is not linear and may stay at 97% for months. It may not.

The metric to watch is remaining capacity. When it gets to 80% Apple recommends you replace the battery for continued reliable operation.

Your battery performance is completely normal. Batteries are consumables and you're seeing that slowly happen as it should

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2023 10:59 AM in response to agrim51

Cycle count has no bearing on battery health. If you'd left the Mac plugged in for 10 years the cycle count would be very low, possibly even 1, yet the battery would still degrade.

97% is very good. Battery degradation is not linear and may stay at 97% for months. It may not.

The metric to watch is remaining capacity. When it gets to 80% Apple recommends you replace the battery for continued reliable operation.

Your battery performance is completely normal. Batteries are consumables and you're seeing that slowly happen as it should

MacBook battery health drop to 97% in 28 cycle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.