How to upgrade to mac os latest version

In july my Macbookpro just went blank. i realise the os is no more functional. so i press command R+power botten. and i was able to reinstall macox lion insteady of catalian that i was using before. now the problem i am having is how to upgrage to macos catalina because this current ox is not connecting to app store and other search engine.

please and urgent answer is required, as i need the system for a project on monday. thanks

Posted on Aug 19, 2023 5:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2023 7:19 AM

Hi There

You can try and download Catalina via this link How to download and install macOS - Apple Support

If you cannot download it via this link as it can prove impossible to log in in to The App Store, you can try to download Sierra first, as you can download Sierra as the DMG file without having to sign in via the app store.

If you’ve downloaded Sierra, you can log in in the app store/on your mac with your current Apple ID and then update to Catalina

Hope this works, best of Luck!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2023 7:19 AM in response to tunde156

Hi There

You can try and download Catalina via this link How to download and install macOS - Apple Support

If you cannot download it via this link as it can prove impossible to log in in to The App Store, you can try to download Sierra first, as you can download Sierra as the DMG file without having to sign in via the app store.

If you’ve downloaded Sierra, you can log in in the app store/on your mac with your current Apple ID and then update to Catalina

Hope this works, best of Luck!

How to upgrade to mac os latest version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.