Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

apps too slow to start up

apps I downloaded from App Store takes too much time to open up like Microsoft word. its only been a month since I purchased my MacBook Air M1 2020. its updated to the latest software but still the problem persists...

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Aug 19, 2023 11:16 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 19, 2023 11:24 PM in response to alwin06

alwin06 Said:

"apps too slow to start up: apps I downloaded from App Store takes too much time to open up like Microsoft word. its only been a month since I purchased my MacBook Air M1 2020. its updated to the latest software but still the problem persists..."

-------

Troubleshooting a Lagging Mac:

When this occurs, your Mac's lost of processes are occurring in the background. So, perform the following...

Troubleshooting Lagging Mac:

A. Try Safe Mode:

In Safe Mode, login items do not run, and corrupt system files(i.e. caches) are intentionally reset as a way to fix issues

1. Boot: in to Safe Mode: [Hold Down: shift key upon boot].
  2. Log in: as same user
  3. Wait: 30 seconds
  4. Restart; your Mac
  5. Log in: as same user

B. See if your Hard drive is Failing:

What to Try:

1. Boot: into Recovery ModeGo Here:  How to Use Safe Mode on your Mac- Apple Support
  2. Select: Disk Utility
  3. Select: the Drive
  4. Click: First Aid button

C. Remove Login Items:

While in Safe Mode, remove all of your Login Items, and then restart the Mac.  Go Here: Change Users & Groups Login Items Preferences on Mac - Apple Support

May 1, 2024 10:02 AM in response to alwin06

alwin06 Said:

"I tried to above steps....but the apps still takes time to open up ! I don't know what the real problem is!! Even my 5 year old windows laptop opens the apps faster than my MacBook now...."

-------

Reinstall this...

Seems to be a Bug:

Then, I recommend having a chat with Microsoft, asking for assistance with uninstalling it, and then reinstalling it. Use this link, to get to the Microsoft Virtual Agent. Then, type that you need assistance with a lagging software instal..

apps too slow to start up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.