Apple Music not received

I purchased a new pair of AirPod pros gen 2 today but I did not receive the free Apple Music subscription

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 20, 2023 5:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2023 12:58 AM

Hi favianpoh

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Re: I purchased a new pair of AirPod pros gen 2 today but I did not receive the free Apple Music subscription

We are all Apple users, like yourself, in the community, so we have no access to your accounts or details.

We'd like to help, however.

Wondering if you checked whether you meet Apple's conditions,

Eg: Current offers: Offers - Apple

says: New subscribers get 6 months of Apple Music free with eligible AirPods,

HomePod speakers, or Beats headphones, subject to the terms and conditions herein.

And if you meet the conditions, you might want to try redeeming your free trial offer:

Eg: See "How to redeem your offer" on the webpage (link below):.

https://offers.applemusic.apple/six-month-offer

Also:

What to do: If you can't redeem your promotion for an Apple subscription - Apple Support

All the best :-)

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2023 12:58 AM in response to favianpoh

Hi favianpoh

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Re: I purchased a new pair of AirPod pros gen 2 today but I did not receive the free Apple Music subscription

We are all Apple users, like yourself, in the community, so we have no access to your accounts or details.

We'd like to help, however.

Wondering if you checked whether you meet Apple's conditions,

Eg: Current offers: Offers - Apple

says: New subscribers get 6 months of Apple Music free with eligible AirPods,

HomePod speakers, or Beats headphones, subject to the terms and conditions herein.

And if you meet the conditions, you might want to try redeeming your free trial offer:

Eg: See "How to redeem your offer" on the webpage (link below):.

https://offers.applemusic.apple/six-month-offer

Also:

What to do: If you can't redeem your promotion for an Apple subscription - Apple Support

All the best :-)

Aug 23, 2023 2:15 AM in response to favianpoh

Thank you kindly for your reply. Sorry you've had no success in redeeming the Music offer ... seems the offer may be for people who have never subscribed before. If that's you .. maybe there is something else in the eligibility / terms and conditions / that is not being met. Congratulations on the new AirPods, anyway!

Looks like reading the "small print" before a purchase is necessary in most cases.

Aug 23, 2023 2:03 AM in response to brbo

Hey Bro, thanks so much I have tried both links and contacted the apple support stuff. Yet what she told me was that for some reason I am not eligible even though I purchased the new pair of Airpods from the official Apple Store so I do not know what was wrong with it. I must say I was really disappointed with the customer service support, when I told her I was unable to claim it she just said there was nothing she can do and just told me to purchase Apple Music myself again.

Aug 23, 2023 2:05 AM in response to favianpoh

I actually was an Android User and only shifted over recently because my friends were always boasting about how amazing Apple was and how the customer service is top notch, yet I did not expect her to have said those things. Dont get me wrong, she was polite but she did not provide any assistance whatsoever when I showed screenshots of my apple music not being able to be redeemed. The only response I got was that she cant help and that I should just purchase Apple Music again, but the Apple Music was one of the reasons I was willing to switch to Airpods in the first place and not being given it just felt so cheated.

Apple Music not received

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.