Apple Watch battery drain after update

After latest update on iwatch 7 series my watch battery abnormally draining time from almost 20 hours to 15 hours with normal conditions and 90% battery health. is it possible???

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Aug 20, 2023 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 9:03 AM

Same with a Watch Series 7 WiFi only. Watch losts nearly 20% battery overnight and also with my iPhone 12 with latest iOS 16.6 which sees his battery drained.

I lost nearly 50% over 6 hours just wearing them in pocket !

Watch becomes a little hot while iPhone is warmer and hotter than previous days.

They are doing nothing: no always-on display, WiFi and Bluetooth activated and I wear the Watch on my body, iPhone is on the desktop.

Switching OFF notifications, do nothing in 6 hours : 50% battery drain on iPhone 12 and 45% on Watch.

This is impossible.

Weather is 24°C on my location.

32 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2023 9:03 AM in response to agvaghasia

Same with a Watch Series 7 WiFi only. Watch losts nearly 20% battery overnight and also with my iPhone 12 with latest iOS 16.6 which sees his battery drained.

I lost nearly 50% over 6 hours just wearing them in pocket !

Watch becomes a little hot while iPhone is warmer and hotter than previous days.

They are doing nothing: no always-on display, WiFi and Bluetooth activated and I wear the Watch on my body, iPhone is on the desktop.

Switching OFF notifications, do nothing in 6 hours : 50% battery drain on iPhone 12 and 45% on Watch.

This is impossible.

Weather is 24°C on my location.

Apr 11, 2024 10:18 AM in response to Zughafen

Did you already try to unpair the Apple Watch and pair it again after that, setting it up as a new Apple Watch?

You will not lose your Fitness data.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Wurde die Apple Watch schon einmal entkoppelt und danach als neue Apple Watch eingerichtet?

Dabei wird die Software noch einmal geladen und installiert.

Die Fitnessdaten gehen dabei nicht verloren, die sind über das iPhone gespeichert.

Apple Watch entkoppeln und löschen - Apple Support (DE)

Oct 21, 2023 4:46 AM in response to agvaghasia

Jetzt nach Update 10.1 (21S67) akkulaufzeot extrem eingebrochen . Apple Watch Ultra jetzt 3 Monate alt am Anfang 3-3,5 Tage Laufzeit . Jetzt nur noch 1 Tag . Dafür kaufe ich mir eine Uhr für 1000€?? Wenn sich das nicht ändert kaufe ich kein aplle Produkt mehr . Ich habe seid dem iPhone 5 jedes Mal das aktuelle Produkt gekauft genau so wie bei der Apple Watch . Aber so geht es nicht .

Apple Watch battery drain after update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.