I need to take files from my Mac Desktop and load them onto a USB drive, What do I need

I had to down load some files and now I need to use a USB drive and reload the files onto another outside computer. My desk top does not have a USB port, I need to know what is the best external drive that will work with my Mac Computer

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 20, 2023 12:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2023 12:23 PM

I personally use a Sandisk SSD. I got mine at Costco. Otherwise you can use any flash drive that is formatted to work on Mac or both Windows and Mac if you are transferring files between a Windows and Mac device.

Do a google search or look on youtube with the following query, "usb format for mac and windows" and you'll find a guide on formatting your USB to work if you need help.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2023 12:23 PM in response to Girls-Boys

I personally use a Sandisk SSD. I got mine at Costco. Otherwise you can use any flash drive that is formatted to work on Mac or both Windows and Mac if you are transferring files between a Windows and Mac device.

Do a google search or look on youtube with the following query, "usb format for mac and windows" and you'll find a guide on formatting your USB to work if you need help.

I need to take files from my Mac Desktop and load them onto a USB drive, What do I need

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.