I already sent in my phone for trade in and cannot turn off find my phone

I traded in my old device and now they want to to turn off find my phone Orr he will give me a zero trad in value

iPhone 8

Posted on Aug 20, 2023 3:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2023 4:06 PM

For instructions on turning off Find My when you no longer have the device, see the following from the "If you no longer have your iPhone or iPad" section of: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you're using iCloud and Find My [device] on the device, sign in to iCloud.com/find or the Find My app on another device, select the device, and click Erase. After the device has been erased, click Remove from Account.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2023 4:06 PM in response to Robertamorgan

For instructions on turning off Find My when you no longer have the device, see the following from the "If you no longer have your iPhone or iPad" section of: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you're using iCloud and Find My [device] on the device, sign in to iCloud.com/find or the Find My app on another device, select the device, and click Erase. After the device has been erased, click Remove from Account.

I already sent in my phone for trade in and cannot turn off find my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.