How can I cancel applecare of a phone I sold

I been charged for three months of two phone applecare that I no longer have. How can I cancel and get a refund?

Posted on Aug 20, 2023 4:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2023 5:56 PM

Since Applecare is tied to a device and its' serial number (rather than a person), you needed to cancel it when selling the phone as the new owner can be taking advantage of it if necessary (if he/she knows that it is covered by Applecare).

You may want to call Apple and ask to be transferred to the Applecare division and ask them - explain the situation and have the serial number ready. 800-275-2273. Normally, you can either cancel for a pro-rata refund or transfer it to another new owner, which is sort of what happened here.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2023 5:56 PM in response to Rakelin

Since Applecare is tied to a device and its' serial number (rather than a person), you needed to cancel it when selling the phone as the new owner can be taking advantage of it if necessary (if he/she knows that it is covered by Applecare).

You may want to call Apple and ask to be transferred to the Applecare division and ask them - explain the situation and have the serial number ready. 800-275-2273. Normally, you can either cancel for a pro-rata refund or transfer it to another new owner, which is sort of what happened here.

How can I cancel applecare of a phone I sold

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.