How to remove MDM from my personal iPhone?

Anyone reading this based on the title knows the issues, device takeover, hidden apps, compromised accounts, countless calls, pleading for help, being told it’s impossible, impersonation, even blocking calls from the police department (by changing device settings), for me cyberstalking, fraud, impersonation, B&E. Some have mentioned being enrolled in a beta version (how can you tell?). I’ve tried reformatting, buying new devices, hiring pros, replacing everything, and the MDM comes back. I’ve learned this is not a new issue. The MDM validates only using a serial number, so attacks have occurred by spoofing the serial number, and it’s well known, starting in 2018, but also posted up to 2022 (is it fixed?). Search on “Apple MDM flaw” and see how this MDM flaw has impacted organizations. Maybe there is a fix for organizations but not regular people? I’m actually wondering if I install a MDM on a new device if that would help? I’d have to buy more equipment. Any thoughts on that? The app (like many other apps) are hidden, but the pop up messages (and device restrictions state otherwise). I’ve included a few pics, plus a screen recorder that was downloaded without my permission, many more apps are downloaded as well. Mine also includes a rogue Wi-Fi hotspot, so unplugging my network did not help. I know someone working in a company with MDM, if they need a device removed from MDM, a call to Apple fixes/removes it. I’ve been an Apple customer since the first iPad and iPods before that. Why won’t they help? Does anyone have a workable solution? I’m disabled and need Internet access for daily basic things. Apple knows about this issue, I’m sure they look at the web. Apple, please help!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 20, 2023 4:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2024 8:48 PM

Obviously, your situation is far beyond what users in an online forum can do. I suggest it's time for professional help.

Similar questions

8 replies

Aug 20, 2023 4:31 PM in response to T3ddy19

if you have a managed device, contact the administrator that installed the MDM. Apple does not turn off MDM on devices. nothing that you’ve provided in the screenshots indicates that you have a MDM installed.

go to settings > general > VPN and device management

you’ll see any installed management profiles

Apr 14, 2024 1:36 PM in response to T3ddy19

FYI, the Managed Network named AT&T Passport is installed by your cellular provider. If AT&T is not your Cellular provider, then yours uses the AT&T network. Each provider has their own managed networks used to access additional WiFi features. For example, TMobile uses 2 managed networks, one of them is name TMobile Wingman and is used to access WiFi on some airlines. Xfinity uses Managed Networks to be able to access WiFi from nearby devices where you would normally not have WiFi access. They manage a WiFi network from users routers.

Just wanted to clear that one up for you and that it in no way indicates your device is being managed by anyone else. Removing the SIM card, removes the managed network and when you install a SIM card from another provider, you will see the Managed Networks that they use.

Apr 14, 2024 2:16 PM in response to T3ddy19

T3ddy19 wrote:
There are many other App Store programs that can take over your devices and spread laterally.

Not possible with apps provided by the App Store. Each app lives in its own Sandbox without being able to contact the others. They cannot spread or install additional apps.

Devices managed by MDM usually have the profile installed at Settings > General > VPN & Device Management, and they can install apps remotely and prevent you from deleting others.

It is possible if you have jailbroken your phone and then there is an alternate App Store where you can find many apps that contain Malware and are no longer protected by the default security provided by your device. Jailbreaking is a deliberate act and not something you would do by accident.

Jan 18, 2024 8:36 PM in response to T3ddy19

I am in the exact same situation, I would be very grateful to have someone who can help me out with this issue as I have a few more issues that I have been experiencing with Apple, which I informed them that I was remotely accessed…. Only to be told that it wasn’t under VPN Configurations, so until I discovered hidden (5 devices) in an Apple app, and Family sharing in another app!!!! I was offered a bounty which is cool, I took an oath giving up my privacy rights so the engineers could download the software to find the best solution for my iPhone, stop being cyberstalked, 14 I phones and 22 Androids later, Ultimately I was told if I do not have any way out unless calling my administrator… Um you mean my hacker???????who is a computer programmer and developer/ stalker/ harassment/ law enforcement involved/ FBI…., ??? At the very end now after 15 months of having to deal with an autistic son, move my other child in with grandma and this has hurt our marriage and…… I was told today that there IS NO WAY OUT if I don’t have the passwords to the phones that have had my Apple IDS Changed and since I’m out of luck as they refuse to help me,… tears! Any advice?

Apr 14, 2024 1:16 PM in response to T3ddy19

More info. 2.5 years later, this is still happening. In addition to above, I’ve learned “living off the land” LOTL or “living off the orchard” attacks, rogue AT&T Wi-Fi that is managed to connect 24*7, Wi-Fi Bluetooth, mobile, not at 2g or 5g, but another bandwidth setting? If family sharing is used, someone has access to your Apple ID and is sharing downloads to other devices. Many App Store apps are involved (I mentioned a few). Also fake emails that look very legit. More Apple IDs created when I have deleted the current one, activity continues. I had this posted before, 5,200 views and many responses. Found the “clipboard exploit” in shortcuts, SSH and shell commands in the shortcuts as well. The clipboard exploit has been fixed in newer models, but not devices that can’t upgrade. Many posts get deleted when ppl really need help!

Apr 14, 2024 1:42 PM in response to muguy

There are many other App Store programs that can take over your devices and spread laterally. You can request various elements of data, which I did, but the actual results were hidden, I received a fake message saying it could not be found. I’m sorry you are going through this, I’m am as well. Many use the serial number, which I gather can’t be changed. Once they have your email, password resets occur to other legit apps.

How to remove MDM from my personal iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.