I have an I phone 12 and the Bluetooth just spins and won't connect and I can't connect to wifi

I've shut down my phone 3 times so far. Any other ideas?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 20, 2023 7:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2023 7:36 PM

vickifromthedot Said:

"I have an I phone 12 and the Bluetooth just spins and won't connect and I can't connect to wifi: I've shut down my phone 3 times so far. Any other ideas?"

-------

Troubleshooting Wi-Fi and Bluetooth:

View Control Center: Swipe you finder in from the right. Control Center will pop up. See if Bluetooth and WiFi are dulled out. If so, try the Following in the Order Provided:

A. Restarting the iPhone:

If any changes were made (i.e. Installed Apps), then Settings (i.e Wf-Fi), may have become manipulated technically. So, try restarting the iPhone:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Shut Down
  4. Slide: Your Finger to the Right

B. Disable Cellular:

Try disabling Cellular, and using Wi-Fi instead, seeing if that makes all the difference.

C. Try manually restarting your iPhone:

2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power One: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More

D. Reset All Network Settings to Default:

Example of items that will be reset: (Wi-Fi Passwords, VPN Connections, etc)

3. Tap: Reset
  4. Tap: Reset Network Settings.
  5. Enter: [Your Passcode]

As a Last Resort:

E. Restore form a Backup:

Have a backup of your iPhone? If you are not concerned with losing data, then restore your iPhone from a backup that was made when Wi-Fi was working. Prior to restoring, backup your iPhone, incase anything goes wrong with the restoration.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2023 7:36 PM in response to vickifromthedot

vickifromthedot Said:

"I have an I phone 12 and the Bluetooth just spins and won't connect and I can't connect to wifi: I've shut down my phone 3 times so far. Any other ideas?"

-------

Troubleshooting Wi-Fi and Bluetooth:

View Control Center: Swipe you finder in from the right. Control Center will pop up. See if Bluetooth and WiFi are dulled out. If so, try the Following in the Order Provided:

A. Restarting the iPhone:

If any changes were made (i.e. Installed Apps), then Settings (i.e Wf-Fi), may have become manipulated technically. So, try restarting the iPhone:

3. Tap: Shut Down
  4. Slide: Your Finger to the Right

B. Disable Cellular:

Try disabling Cellular, and using Wi-Fi instead, seeing if that makes all the difference.

C. Try manually restarting your iPhone:

2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power One: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More

D. Reset All Network Settings to Default:

Example of items that will be reset: (Wi-Fi Passwords, VPN Connections, etc)

3. Tap: Reset
  4. Tap: Reset Network Settings.
  5. Enter: [Your Passcode]

As a Last Resort:

E. Restore form a Backup:

Have a backup of your iPhone? If you are not concerned with losing data, then restore your iPhone from a backup that was made when Wi-Fi was working. Prior to restoring, backup your iPhone, incase anything goes wrong with the restoration.

Aug 21, 2023 1:59 AM in response to vickifromthedot

Hi Vicki, I see that your iPhone is having issues connecting to the internet and Bluetooth.

here’s what I suggest:

1. Make sure your device is updated to the latest software by going to your settings

If Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are still having issues try resetting your network settings

go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

wifi and Bluetooth run off the same chip in the SIM card (or esim) and if both have failed that could generally mean a hardware problem. You can go to your local Apple Store or request a mail in service if you wish. Contact apple support to discuss your options.

I have an I phone 12 and the Bluetooth just spins and won't connect and I can't connect to wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.