How do I backup my iPhone when the front screen is damaged and it's asking me to enter my passcode and trust computer? its the same computer I plug it into all the time with the same Apple ID as my iPhone

The front screen is solid white and im unable to do anything with my iPhone. When I try and back it up on my Mac it asks for a passcode which im unable to enter. im not sure why it even needs a passcode when this Mac has the same Apple ID as my iPhone and its the same Mac I use every time I back this same phone up to.

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 8:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 8:36 AM

Hard to say why it’s asking for a passcode, more than likely a security related thing if it’s been over 24+ hours since the phone was last unlocked.

Unfortunately, you can’t bypass that unless you can put the code in, so screen repair would be needed unless you have a recent backup from before the screen cracked.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2023 8:36 AM in response to pdurrett

Hard to say why it’s asking for a passcode, more than likely a security related thing if it’s been over 24+ hours since the phone was last unlocked.

Unfortunately, you can’t bypass that unless you can put the code in, so screen repair would be needed unless you have a recent backup from before the screen cracked.

How do I backup my iPhone when the front screen is damaged and it's asking me to enter my passcode and trust computer? its the same computer I plug it into all the time with the same Apple ID as my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.