Macbook/AppleSuperdrive will not burn songs to CD

Hello -- Macbook/AppleSuperdrive will not burn songs to CD... 2021 Macbook Pro 14” … Apple M1 chip… Ventura 13.4.1 (c) …I bought the tunes from Apple Music and they're in a playlist. I've burned CDs many times before. Thank you.

MacBook Pro 14″

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 11:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 6:47 PM

Ok, cervus100… basic stuff, is it plugged directly into your MacBook Pro or into a powered usb dock that can provide at least 5V and 2.Amps or better? Not a hub, but a dock which needs and requires its own independent power supply and thus can power( hopefully) whatever is plugged into it and needs power, in this case, your Apple SuperDrive. Please note you will see nothing on your screen until you either insert a music cd/dvd or a blank disk into the drive and it is read

Maybe try using a brush based dvd lens cleaning dvd ?

John B

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2023 6:47 PM in response to cervus100

Ok, cervus100… basic stuff, is it plugged directly into your MacBook Pro or into a powered usb dock that can provide at least 5V and 2.Amps or better? Not a hub, but a dock which needs and requires its own independent power supply and thus can power( hopefully) whatever is plugged into it and needs power, in this case, your Apple SuperDrive. Please note you will see nothing on your screen until you either insert a music cd/dvd or a blank disk into the drive and it is read

Maybe try using a brush based dvd lens cleaning dvd ?

John B

Aug 21, 2023 8:46 PM in response to cervus100

cervus100 Said:

"Macbook/AppleSuperdrive will not burn songs to CD: Hello -- Macbook/AppleSuperdrive will not burn songs to CD... 2021 Macbook Pro 14” … Apple M1 chip… Ventura 13.4.1 (c) …I bought the tunes from Apple Music and they're in a playlist. I've burned CDs many times before. Thank you."

-------

Save these Playlists, then Compress them:

Compressing the file, it would be seen as a ZIP file --not a playlist.

1. Go Here: Save a Copy of a Playlist in Music on Mac - Apple Support

then...

2. Compress the File: Zip and Unzip Files and Folders on Mac - Apple Support

Aug 21, 2023 9:29 PM in response to TheLittles

TheLittles wrote:

cervus100 Said:
"Macbook/AppleSuperdrive will not burn songs to CD: Hello -- Macbook/AppleSuperdrive will not burn songs to CD... 2021 Macbook Pro 14” … Apple M1 chip… Ventura 13.4.1 (c) …I bought the tunes from Apple Music and they're in a playlist. I've burned CDs many times before. Thank you."
-------

Save these Playlists, then Compress them:
Compressing the file, it would be seen as a ZIP file --not a playlist.
1. Go Here: Save a Copy of a Playlist in Music on Mac - Apple Support
then...
2. Compress the File: Zip and Unzip Files and Folders on Mac - Apple Support

There is no need to compress music for burning a CD, nor will a zip archive containing music recorded on any media be directly playable using any common playback device.

Aug 21, 2023 9:44 PM in response to MrHoffman

cervus100 Said:

"There is no need to compress music for burning a CD, nor will a zip archive containing music recorded on any media be directly playable using any common playback device."

-------

Playlist Backup Workarounds:

My reply is in regards to data storage, and not having to worry about it being seen elsewise. Apple is pretty picky when it comes to buying data, due to piracy. As a ZIP file, it would not be seen as a playlist.

Macbook/AppleSuperdrive will not burn songs to CD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.