I can’t remember my password for my watch haw can I retrieve it from apple

I am trying to pair my watch with my phone I have my username but forgot my password haw can I get apple to give me my old password or reset to a new one for my watch .

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 11:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 11:51 AM

Activation Lock is designed to prevent anyone else from using an Apple Watch if it's ever lost or stolen.

About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Activation Lock is an anti-theft feature that cannot be bypassed. Only the previous owner can remove the lock by using their Apple ID & password. Apple will not help you find the previous owner. If the previous owner cannot or will not remove the lock, then the watch is useless to you or anyone else.

If you are the ORIGINAL owner, then see the 'Start a support request' section in:

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2023 11:51 AM in response to marita118

Activation Lock is designed to prevent anyone else from using an Apple Watch if it's ever lost or stolen.

About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Activation Lock is an anti-theft feature that cannot be bypassed. Only the previous owner can remove the lock by using their Apple ID & password. Apple will not help you find the previous owner. If the previous owner cannot or will not remove the lock, then the watch is useless to you or anyone else.

If you are the ORIGINAL owner, then see the 'Start a support request' section in:

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

I can’t remember my password for my watch haw can I retrieve it from apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.