How do i remove my car from apple maps

Hi,

I used to own a Mustang Mach-E and it could coordinate charging etc. with Apple Maps while route planning.

I swapped the Mach-E for an F150 Lightning - and now I’m trying to delete the Mach-E from maps, but I can’t find a place to do it.

Anyone know where I can do this?

Side note: Does anyone know if this cool feature will be available for the Lightning as well? 🤞🏼

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 3:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2024 10:55 AM

Replying, since I just figured it out and other people may stumble on to this. In Maps, tap on your picture (to the right of the search field on iOS). The menu that opens will have an entry called "vehicles". Tap that, then tap you Mustang Mach-E, and there will be an option to delete it. (Note that this will make the "vehicles" entry disappear from the menu, which is why I'm not providing screenshots.)

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2024 10:55 AM in response to peter.funch

Replying, since I just figured it out and other people may stumble on to this. In Maps, tap on your picture (to the right of the search field on iOS). The menu that opens will have an entry called "vehicles". Tap that, then tap you Mustang Mach-E, and there will be an option to delete it. (Note that this will make the "vehicles" entry disappear from the menu, which is why I'm not providing screenshots.)

May 8, 2024 10:49 PM in response to lokfar

What make and model EV are you trying to connect?

1. First, I believer the vehicle must be CarPlay compatible. If you have no compatible vehicles, then the category will not appear. (Explanation below).
  2. Once you sync and enable CarPlay, the category should reappear and catalog this vehicle and any other CarPlay compatible vehicle you have sync’d and authorized to use CarPlay.

For reference, see my issue in this thread regarding multiple old Mach-Es cataloged in my Vehicle category that I wanted removed. Once I found Peter’s directions (above), I was able to clear out all the Mach-E profiles and the Vehicle category disappeared.

Drove my partner’s Tesla with my phone connected via Bluetooth, and although Maps recognized I was in a vehicle and presented the estimated travel time suggestion - there was no vehicle category.

However, when I resync’d another Mach-E, the category returned.

May 8, 2024 2:43 PM in response to peter.funch

I’m in a worse situation. I frequently change cars for business trips, and now I have about four or five Mach-Es showing in my Apple Maps directions that I no longer use and I can’t get rid of them.

At times Maps/CarPlay will default to Mach-E that thinks it has 9% battery left and screw up my routing although I’m driving my personal Mach-E with 89% battery.

How do i remove my car from apple maps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.