Can two people share an AirTag at the same time?

my wife and I are going on vacation with AirTags in our luggage. Can the AirTag locations be shared so we can both view them on our iPhones?

iPhone 13 mini

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 3:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 3:16 PM

Not yet.

From the current version of the Airtag support article: How to reset your AirTag - Apple Support

"An AirTag can be associated with [only] one Apple ID.

However, read about upcoming features in iOS 17 (not yet released); go to this web site: iOS 17 Preview - Apple or this one iOS 17 makes iPhone more personal and intuitive - Apple

"Find My.

Share AirTag or Find My network accessories with up to five other people. Everyone in the group can use Precision Finding and play a sound to pinpoint the location of a shared AirTag when they’re nearby."

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2023 3:16 PM in response to bluedakar

Not yet.

From the current version of the Airtag support article: How to reset your AirTag - Apple Support

"An AirTag can be associated with [only] one Apple ID.

However, read about upcoming features in iOS 17 (not yet released); go to this web site: iOS 17 Preview - Apple or this one iOS 17 makes iPhone more personal and intuitive - Apple

"Find My.

Share AirTag or Find My network accessories with up to five other people. Everyone in the group can use Precision Finding and play a sound to pinpoint the location of a shared AirTag when they’re nearby."

Can two people share an AirTag at the same time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.