You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to sign out of the App Store on my iMac desktop?

I click on App Store icon and it asks for password for Apple ID. Once that is done, I click on my initials which shows my account balance and it immediatelygoes to my entire account info. I don't like that. However, I don't see a sign out or log off button anywhere. Shouldn't there be a way to see account balance without seeing whole account or at least a way to sign out of account?

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 4:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2023 1:00 AM

Is not possible.

Shouldn't there be a way to see account balance without seeing whole account or at least a way to sign out of account?

Yes, just click App Store from the Dock, then you will immediately see your Name and your Apple Account balance (bottom left).

If you then click on your name (bottom left) in the App Store, you will see your purchase history.

If you click on 'View Account' (top right) next to 'Redeem gift voucher', after sign in, you will see your Account Information.

As far as i know it has always been that way.

If you want to see your Apple Account balance, see the following Apple articles:

Check your Apple Account balance

Check your Apple Account balance – Apple Support (UK)

Check your gift card balance

Check your gift card balance - Apple Support

• on your iPhone -> Tap App Store -> tap your profile (top right corner of the screen).

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 22, 2023 1:00 AM in response to hammysam

Is not possible.

Shouldn't there be a way to see account balance without seeing whole account or at least a way to sign out of account?

Yes, just click App Store from the Dock, then you will immediately see your Name and your Apple Account balance (bottom left).

If you then click on your name (bottom left) in the App Store, you will see your purchase history.

If you click on 'View Account' (top right) next to 'Redeem gift voucher', after sign in, you will see your Account Information.

As far as i know it has always been that way.

If you want to see your Apple Account balance, see the following Apple articles:

Check your Apple Account balance

Check your Apple Account balance – Apple Support (UK)

Check your gift card balance

Check your gift card balance - Apple Support

• on your iPhone -> Tap App Store -> tap your profile (top right corner of the screen).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.