Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Apple Account Not enabled for in-app payments

I received a $5 giftcard that I added to my Apple account to use for a phone game, bringing the amount I have on my account to $5.01. I'm trying to make an in-app purchase of $5 with it and not my debit card, but it won't let me click on Apple Account as a payment option; that option is greyed out and says it's "Not enabled for in-app payments". I've never had this issue and have been able to pay this way before. I went to my phone's settings to the Content & Privacy Restrictions section and none of my stuff is restricted at all. I also tried seeing if updating my phone would fix it, but it didn't. I'm not sure what else I can do or try. I would appreciate some help.

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 8:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2023 7:20 PM

I recently encountered an unusual issue while attempting to make an in-app purchase using my Apple account balance. Despite having a sufficient balance of $5.01, I found that the option to use my Apple Account as a payment method was greyed out, stating it was "Not enabled for in-app payments." This is perplexing as I've successfully used this method before. I've diligently checked my Apple ID payment settings, ensured that in-app purchases are allowed in Content & Privacy Restrictions, and updated both the game app and my iOS to the latest versions. Unfortunately, the problem persists. Could anyone provide insights into this matter? Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. Additionally, if anyone has experience with capcut mod apk with internet connection, please share any relevant insights. Thank you!

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2023 7:20 PM in response to celessia121

I recently encountered an unusual issue while attempting to make an in-app purchase using my Apple account balance. Despite having a sufficient balance of $5.01, I found that the option to use my Apple Account as a payment method was greyed out, stating it was "Not enabled for in-app payments." This is perplexing as I've successfully used this method before. I've diligently checked my Apple ID payment settings, ensured that in-app purchases are allowed in Content & Privacy Restrictions, and updated both the game app and my iOS to the latest versions. Unfortunately, the problem persists. Could anyone provide insights into this matter? Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. Additionally, if anyone has experience with capcut mod apk with internet connection, please share any relevant insights. Thank you!

Sep 30, 2023 3:30 PM in response to celessia121

hello! i’m not sure if it’s the same screen but i was having the same issue for the apple store app. when i reached checkout, and the total showed up with the apple pay button, i got the same error saying “not enabled for in app purchase.” but before i clicked apple pay, there was a little section right below the total, saying “apply your balance.” this allowed me to use my apple account balance for the apple store app. i hope maybe this helps for the app store!

Apple Account Not enabled for in-app payments

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.