Syncing iCloud calendar to Google calendar

I am trying to ask Apple support about how to make the multiple recurring calendar entries that I had entered into my IPhone calendar that is synced to ICloud. Apparently Apple support draws a blank and wants me to ask Google support. I can’t get through any Google support for this. I also saw a post in here on this without any solution. Has anyone gone through this. It seems strange that it cannot be done.

Posted on Aug 22, 2023 10:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2024 7:18 PM

First off, I know this is quite old....

I've been trying to find an answer to this and couldn't find anything. However, the above answer is not what you are looking for (I think).

What you need to do is open up Setting on your iPhone scroll down to find Google's calendar app. Click on that and turn the "Allow Full Access" toggle to on.

Once you go back into Google Calendar app - click your the letter in the top right hand corner. Click on "Manage accounts on this device." You can now see that "System Account" is available and all calendars that you have synced to your iCloud are available in the Google Calendar app.

This will keep everything synced between all the calendars. I use this because I created iCloud shared calendars with my wife, but she is a google user. It does take 10-15 minutes after you enter something for it to sync up on Google, but they will show up eventually.

This drove me nuts for so long I figured I'd post it somewhere where someone was asking to get this out in the world since I could not find an answer to save my life. :) Good luck!

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2024 7:18 PM in response to backlit

First off, I know this is quite old....

I've been trying to find an answer to this and couldn't find anything. However, the above answer is not what you are looking for (I think).

What you need to do is open up Setting on your iPhone scroll down to find Google's calendar app. Click on that and turn the "Allow Full Access" toggle to on.

Once you go back into Google Calendar app - click your the letter in the top right hand corner. Click on "Manage accounts on this device." You can now see that "System Account" is available and all calendars that you have synced to your iCloud are available in the Google Calendar app.

This will keep everything synced between all the calendars. I use this because I created iCloud shared calendars with my wife, but she is a google user. It does take 10-15 minutes after you enter something for it to sync up on Google, but they will show up eventually.

This drove me nuts for so long I figured I'd post it somewhere where someone was asking to get this out in the world since I could not find an answer to save my life. :) Good luck!

Aug 23, 2023 2:12 AM in response to backlit

Choose File > Export > Export. Choose where to save it, then click Export. The events can be exported to a calendar (. ics) file only.

Import or export calendars on Mac - Apple Support (IN)

• Open Google Calendar in a web browser and sign in with your Google account.
  • On the left side, find "Other calendars" and click the drop-down arrow.
  • Select "Import" from the options.
  • Choose the .ics file you downloaded from iCloud and follow the prompts to import the events.

Jun 2, 2024 3:55 PM in response to schallerusnma

This was unbelievably helpful!! I got my apple calendar synced to my google but I still can’t sync all of the Google one to my Apple. The one in Google is a shared calendar that my daughter’s dance teacher has shared and updates constantly. That’s why I was trying to get it to sync to the Apple calendar. At this point I’m willing to switch over to Google calendars but have appoints and such scheduled out for a year on my Apple calendar. So, ideally that’s the one I would like to continue using if I can make it work. Just wondering if you have any insight on this matter.

Thanks!

Jun 2, 2024 6:58 PM in response to Apalmisano

So I double-checked with my mother-in-law tonight as my wife shares her work calendar with her (they both use google). It does show up in her Apple calendar. I would suggest double-checking by hitting the hamburger button in the top left (of the Google calendar app) and verify the calendar is checked? Any calendar shared with your account should show up in the "Calendar" list in both apps.

Jun 13, 2024 4:07 PM in response to Kleiboeker

I haven’t had time to look at this because I don’t actually use google calendar. But I’m presuming this is specific to the iPhone only as your enabling system accounts when you “allow full access”. Similarly, I’m unable to view my wife’s google calendar unless I sign in with her account on my Mac. This doesn’t appear to be a setting that iCloud syncing uses.

Syncing iCloud calendar to Google calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.