Using English Numbers in Arabic Text on Mac

Hi,

I write largely in Arabic, however, I prefer to utilize English numbers (0-9) in my writing since I believe them to be more practical.

I can easily switch between languages on my Mac for the most of my work, but when I write in Arabic, it seems that the use of Arabic numerals is mandated by default. This can be a little annoying for me, especially when working with multilingual information.

I was curious if there was a method to alter this functionality or if there were any third-party programs that would let me use English numerals in Arabic text without having to move back and forth between the two languages all the time.

MacBook Pro (M1, 2020)

Posted on Aug 22, 2023 10:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2023 2:33 AM

MoFadel26 wrote:

use English numerals in Arabic text without having to move back and forth between the two languages all the time.

If you are talking about the Arabic keyboard, there is no need to switch languages. To get Arabic numbers on Apple's Arabic Qwerty input source, you just hit Caps Lock. If you are using a differet input source, let us know and we can try to help further.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2023 2:33 AM in response to MoFadel26

MoFadel26 wrote:

use English numerals in Arabic text without having to move back and forth between the two languages all the time.

If you are talking about the Arabic keyboard, there is no need to switch languages. To get Arabic numbers on Apple's Arabic Qwerty input source, you just hit Caps Lock. If you are using a differet input source, let us know and we can try to help further.

Using English Numbers in Arabic Text on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.