Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Why apple stopped the video recording trick while playing audio songs in background after iOS16.6

I am using iPhone 14 Plus. I used to record videos while playing audio songs in the background by sliding the video record button towards the right side and park till the video ends. Why after iOS 16.6 update that video recording trick while playing song is not possible now. It was very helpful when recording like birthday functions with background birthday songs from iPhone itself.

iPhone 14 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 23, 2023 12:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2023 4:32 AM

It was my mistake the same is still possible in 16.6. Actually, I forgot the procedure and trying to do the same in wrong way. Refer this video which I found in YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY1flnr22lU

I was talking about the feature do the video record and play music simultaneously in iPhone .

Instead of adding background sounds while editing, it was possible record the song played through iPhone along with the surrounding sounds. That is, the audio player used to continue playing while video recorder records using in camera app. So that the background song also get recorded while shooting. That feature is now not available after updating to iOS16.6 in iPhone.

Thanks you for your reply, I am closing this issue.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2023 4:32 AM in response to SravanKrA

It was my mistake the same is still possible in 16.6. Actually, I forgot the procedure and trying to do the same in wrong way. Refer this video which I found in YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY1flnr22lU

I was talking about the feature do the video record and play music simultaneously in iPhone .

Instead of adding background sounds while editing, it was possible record the song played through iPhone along with the surrounding sounds. That is, the audio player used to continue playing while video recorder records using in camera app. So that the background song also get recorded while shooting. That feature is now not available after updating to iOS16.6 in iPhone.

Thanks you for your reply, I am closing this issue.

Aug 23, 2023 1:53 AM in response to aji274

Probably you are referring to PIP (Picture in Picture)

Currently, the Apple TV app has this feature for sure.

If your video player app (YouTube) doesn’t support PIP right now, then you may have to wait for the developer to update the app compatible with iOS 14 with PiP.

Alternatively, you may go to youtube.com in Safari, play a video, and make it full screen. Now you can select the newly-added PIP button on an iPhone running iOS 14, and the video will pop out from the page. You can change tabs or navigate to different apps, and the video will keep running in the PIP.

See the pic below, a snapshot was taken on iPhone SE 1st Gen iOS 14.0.1

Why apple stopped the video recording trick while playing audio songs in background after iOS16.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.