Audio recorder app, Whatsapp and Instagram does not record audio on iPhone 12 Pro Max with iOS 17.4.1

The audio recorder app, whatsapp and instagram does not record audio after iOS 17.4.1.

I have followed all instructions to fix it but with no success.

First: I rebooted the iphone. Did not work.

Second: I disabled the bluetooth in settings. Did not work.

Third: I assured that all Privacy and Security permissions are correct. Did not work.

Fourth: I have uninstalled both apps (erasing all data, following Settings - General - Storage) and after a reboot reinstalled them. Did not work.

Fifth: I followed Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings and my iphone was restaured (it caused me a lot of headache). Did not work a well.

Sixth: I have downgrade the iOS to latest 16 version, but the phone refuses the downgrade. So, it did not work too.

Eigth: I have tested to record a video in ios native video app and the audio works perfectly. Facebook app records videos with good audio too. Unfortunelly the native audio recorder does not. Instagram does not. How can I fix this bug?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Mar 24, 2024 7:16 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

May 26, 2024 10:51 PM in response to fvbatistoni

I've been experiencing this issue since iOS 17.2.1, and it persists in version 17.4 as well. My application has a recording option for video and audio. While the video recording works fine, the audio recording fails. When I tap the record button for audio, the app either becomes unresponsive or remains static without recording anything. Apple needs to release a fix for this problem.

Audio recorder app, Whatsapp and Instagram does not record audio on iPhone 12 Pro Max with iOS 17.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.