How to change voicemail number

My Voicemail is not working. I see the red notification dot in the phone app but when I press call voicemail it will not connect. I can call the voicemail manually (in my case 443 for giffgaff voicemail)

How can I check and reset the number that the phone app is calling?

NB this is NOT a question about visual voicemail. It is not available on my network.

The voicemail used to work fine but after adding an esim it has stopped working so I suspect the voicemail number got changed.

I just want to set the number back to 443. I’m pretty sure on older iphones there was a setting somewhere for ‘voicemail number’ but not any more it seems…

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 23, 2023 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2023 8:30 AM

reubeni wrote:

My Voicemail is not working. I see the red notification dot in the phone app but when I press call voicemail it will not connect. I can call the voicemail manually (in my case 443 for giffgaff voicemail)

NB this is NOT a question about visual voicemail. It is not available on my network.

The voicemail used to work fine but after adding an esim it has stopped working so I suspect the voicemail number got changed.

I just want to set the number back to 443. I’m pretty sure on older iphones there was a setting somewhere for ‘voicemail number’ but not any more it seems…

You'll need to contact giffgaff, voicemail is their feature.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2023 8:30 AM in response to reubeni

reubeni wrote:

You'll need to contact giffgaff, voicemail is their feature.

Aug 25, 2023 8:23 AM in response to reubeni

reubeni wrote:

The Giff gaff element works fine. I can call voicemail and it works.

The problem is that the phone app does not call the right number.

My question is how do I change the number that the phone app is using to access voicemail?

Again, voicemail is a phone carrier feature not Apples, contact giffGaff to resolve your issue.

How to change voicemail number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.