Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

I got a new iPhone 14 and it will not connect with my Apple Watch.

I upgraded to a new iPhone 14 and got it set up with my data from an iPhone 12. I confirmed that the new phone asked if I wanted to connect to my Apple Watch 8. It will not connect. I keep getting an"Unable to Connect to Apple Wach" message. I retried several times. Airplane mode is not on and both devices are connected to wifi. Bluetooth is turned on on both devices.

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Aug 23, 2023 12:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2023 5:58 PM

If you're having trouble connecting your new iPhone 14 with your Apple Watch, here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check Bluetooth and Wi-Fi: Make sure both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are enabled on your new iPhone 14. A stable Bluetooth connection is crucial for pairing and maintaining communication with your Apple Watch.
  2. Restart Devices: Restart both your iPhone 14 and your Apple Watch. Sometimes a simple restart can help establish a proper connection.
  3. Unpair and Pair Again: If restarting doesn't work, you might need to unpair your Apple Watch from your old iPhone (if you had one) and then pair it with your new iPhone 14. To do this:
  4. a. On your Apple Watch, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
  5. b. On your new iPhone 14, open the Watch app and follow the prompts to pair your Apple Watch again.
  6. Update Software: Ensure that both your iPhone 14 and your Apple Watch are running the latest software versions. Outdated software can sometimes cause compatibility issues.
  7. Keep Devices Close: Make sure your Apple Watch is in close proximity to your new iPhone during the pairing process. This helps ensure a strong Bluetooth connection.
  8. Use the Camera Method: Some Apple Watch models allow you to use the camera on your iPhone to pair the devices. When prompted in the Watch app, hold your iPhone over the Apple Watch's animation and wait for the pairing process to start.
  9. Contact Apple Support: If none of the above steps work, it's a good idea to contact Apple Support for further assistance. They can provide step-by-step guidance based on your specific situation and help you diagnose any underlying issues.

Hope it helps!

[Edited by Moderator]

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2023 5:58 PM in response to GWB75208

If you're having trouble connecting your new iPhone 14 with your Apple Watch, here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check Bluetooth and Wi-Fi: Make sure both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are enabled on your new iPhone 14. A stable Bluetooth connection is crucial for pairing and maintaining communication with your Apple Watch.
  2. Restart Devices: Restart both your iPhone 14 and your Apple Watch. Sometimes a simple restart can help establish a proper connection.
  3. Unpair and Pair Again: If restarting doesn't work, you might need to unpair your Apple Watch from your old iPhone (if you had one) and then pair it with your new iPhone 14. To do this:
  4. a. On your Apple Watch, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
  5. b. On your new iPhone 14, open the Watch app and follow the prompts to pair your Apple Watch again.
  6. Update Software: Ensure that both your iPhone 14 and your Apple Watch are running the latest software versions. Outdated software can sometimes cause compatibility issues.
  7. Keep Devices Close: Make sure your Apple Watch is in close proximity to your new iPhone during the pairing process. This helps ensure a strong Bluetooth connection.
  8. Use the Camera Method: Some Apple Watch models allow you to use the camera on your iPhone to pair the devices. When prompted in the Watch app, hold your iPhone over the Apple Watch's animation and wait for the pairing process to start.
  9. Contact Apple Support: If none of the above steps work, it's a good idea to contact Apple Support for further assistance. They can provide step-by-step guidance based on your specific situation and help you diagnose any underlying issues.

Hope it helps!

[Edited by Moderator]

I got a new iPhone 14 and it will not connect with my Apple Watch.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.