iPad Pro backlight doesn’t work

Suddenly, without being subject to any kind of accidental physical damage or improper use, the screen of my iPad Pro went black some days ago. It took me hours to finally understand that the iPad didn’t go off, but it was its backlight that didn’t work anymore.

Has anyone had the same problem? I’m trying to understand if it could be a factory defect because the customer service said they can’t do anything to fix it. I swear the iPad is practically new, bought two years ago and I’m going crazy about the fact that a device this pricey and modern could break itself without me doing anything at all.

Please let me know.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Aug 24, 2023 7:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2023 8:28 AM

Unless your 2021 iPad Pro 12.9" has suffered significant external damage, it is definitely eligible for repair by Apple - as you will see here:

iPad Repair & Service - Apple Support

You might also visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to properly assess your iPad - and advise upon your available repair options:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2023 8:28 AM in response to _Sof_

Unless your 2021 iPad Pro 12.9" has suffered significant external damage, it is definitely eligible for repair by Apple - as you will see here:

iPad Repair & Service - Apple Support

You might also visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to properly assess your iPad - and advise upon your available repair options:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Aug 24, 2023 8:22 AM in response to LotusPilot

Yes, I’m aware that faults can occur, but I’ve already talked to the repair service and they told me that the iPad is not fixable in any way (strange, but not impossible obviously) and that I should substitute it with a refurbished one, and I wouldn’t mind, absolutely, if it wasn’t for the warranty expired less than a month ago. So no, it isn’t eligible unless maybe it is a factory defect, and sure, it’s been a while since I bought mine, but I’ve noticed that other users in the community have had problems with the backlight of their iPad Pro too. I just wanted to see if it is a very common occurrence, that’s it. I forgot to mention it is an iPad Pro 2021 12.9”, should have said earlier

iPad Pro backlight doesn’t work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.