Virus Infection Notifications

I've been getting notifications such as "PC Infected", iMac infected", "McAfee Total Security". "Virus Infected, Click here to scan" I haven't used McAfee since I got my first iMac over 10 yrs ago. Is this real?

iMac 24″

Posted on Aug 24, 2023 8:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2023 8:14 AM

A site you visited has given itself permission to send push notifications. Everything you're seeing is nothing but a scam.

Open Safari's preferences. Click on the Websites tab and then scroll down to Notifications. Clear any entries in the right hand window. You might find something similar in the Pop-up Windows heading below that. Block any you don't recognize.

Then if you want, uncheck the box below as shown here.

I personally can't think of any reason why I would ever want any website to push notices to me.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2023 8:14 AM in response to ShortRoumd

A site you visited has given itself permission to send push notifications. Everything you're seeing is nothing but a scam.

Open Safari's preferences. Click on the Websites tab and then scroll down to Notifications. Clear any entries in the right hand window. You might find something similar in the Pop-up Windows heading below that. Block any you don't recognize.

Then if you want, uncheck the box below as shown here.

I personally can't think of any reason why I would ever want any website to push notices to me.

Virus Infection Notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.