How to backup iphone data to external hard drive

How to backup my iphone data to external hard drive. I have no space on my Mac and can't delete files.

iMac 27″

Posted on Aug 24, 2023 3:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2023 7:16 PM

fida277 Said:

"How to backup my iphone data to external hard drive. I have no space on my Mac and can't delete files."

-------

Clearing Space to a Back Up:

Save a few. Rather tan upgrading your iCloud Plan, save a few and export certain files (i.e. long movies) to an external hard drive. Once exported, verify your can access the data. Once verified, trash these files on the Mac. Go Here: Transfer Files Between your iPhone and Computer with an External Storage Device - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2023 7:16 PM in response to fida277

fida277 Said:

"How to backup my iphone data to external hard drive. I have no space on my Mac and can't delete files."

-------

Clearing Space to a Back Up:

Save a few. Rather tan upgrading your iCloud Plan, save a few and export certain files (i.e. long movies) to an external hard drive. Once exported, verify your can access the data. Once verified, trash these files on the Mac. Go Here: Transfer Files Between your iPhone and Computer with an External Storage Device - Apple Support

How to backup iphone data to external hard drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.