Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Save desktop files in icloud

I want my files to be accesible in my i pad. They are stocked in my old El Capitan. I need to put them in the cloud.

iMac

Posted on Aug 24, 2023 3:29 PM

1 reply

Aug 25, 2023 12:53 PM in response to TaniaJanek

Hi TaniaJanek,

You started from a great article: Set up iCloud on your Mac

For help with access your desktop and documents with iCloud check out the steps below found in the article here: Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive

"Turn on Desktop and Documents

Turn on Desktop and Documents on every Mac that you want to use with iCloud Drive.

1. From your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Settings. In macOS Monterey or earlier, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences.
  2.  Click Apple ID, then click iCloud.
  3. Make sure that iCloud Drive is turned on.
  4. Next to iCloud Drive, click Options.
  5. Choose Desktop & Documents Folders.

Desktop & Documents Folders is the first item in the list.

6. Click Done.

If you want to store your files in iCloud Drive and another cloud storage service, you can keep copies of your files in both, but you can't keep folders from a third-party cloud service in iCloud Drive. You can keep your other cloud service folders in a different place on your Mac, like the home folder."

You can also find helpful information in the articles below.

Access and manage your files in iCloud Drive - Apple Support

iCloud

Hope the information helps.

Cheers.

Save desktop files in icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.