What if my current iPhone doesn’t support esim

I got an iPhone 14 pro and I am trying to set up my cellular by transferring the number from my other phone which is an iPhone 11 and it says that the iPhone 11 does not support esim so what do I do

iPhone 7, iOS 11

Posted on Aug 24, 2023 7:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2023 8:14 PM

The type of SIM is in your current phone has little relevance.

If your carrier supports eSIM, they can virtually “move” your nanoSIM from your 11 to an eSIM on your 14.

Contact your carrier for assistance.

About eSIM on iPhone - Apple Support

P.S. Other than iPhones manufactured for the Chinese market, ALL “11s” support eSIM.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2023 8:14 PM in response to kb263

The type of SIM is in your current phone has little relevance.

If your carrier supports eSIM, they can virtually “move” your nanoSIM from your 11 to an eSIM on your 14.

Contact your carrier for assistance.

About eSIM on iPhone - Apple Support

P.S. Other than iPhones manufactured for the Chinese market, ALL “11s” support eSIM.

Aug 24, 2023 8:03 PM in response to kb263

kb263 Said:

"What if my current iPhone doesn’t support esim: I got an iPhone 14 pro and I am trying to set up my cellular by transferring the number from my other phone which is an iPhone 11 and it says that the iPhone 11 does not support esim so what do I do"

-------

Get a SIM card:

Then you need a SIM card --a card supported in the Western Hemisphere. So, where did you purchase this device?

What if my current iPhone doesn’t support esim

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.