How can I restore an iPad that is locked to Colton joint unif sch district

I don’t use my iPad for school anymore but I want to reset it so I can use it for movies and games but it’s saying the configuration can’t be downloaded

Posted on Aug 25, 2023 1:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2023 1:36 AM

Managed devices - and those that are configuration locked by an MDM platform - can usually only be released from central management by the platform that manages the device. Be aware that Apple will not assist with removal of management profiles.

Unless you are lucky - and have the option to delete the profile from iPad Settings - you’ll need to seek assistance directly from the System Administrator who manages the device. 

Install or remove configuration profiles on iPad - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2023 1:36 AM in response to serina247

Managed devices - and those that are configuration locked by an MDM platform - can usually only be released from central management by the platform that manages the device. Be aware that Apple will not assist with removal of management profiles.

Unless you are lucky - and have the option to delete the profile from iPad Settings - you’ll need to seek assistance directly from the System Administrator who manages the device. 

Install or remove configuration profiles on iPad - Apple Support

How can I restore an iPad that is locked to Colton joint unif sch district

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.