Deregister iPhone i don’t have access to

I don’t have access to my iPhone to turn off iMessage. How do I remove the number and update it with a new one?

Posted on Aug 25, 2023 1:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2023 1:21 PM

Deregister iMessage on your iPhone or online - Apple Support

Deregister iMessage online

If you don't have access to your iPhone, you can deregister iMessage online. After you complete deregistration, your phone number is removed from iMessage services. You should be able to receive text messages right away but it might take a few hours for some Apple devices to recognize that you're not using iMessage when they send you a message.

Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support

"If the phone number that you want to remove belongs to an iPhone that you can't access, change your Apple ID password. This removes all phone numbers from your iPad, iPod touch, and Mac. Calls or messages for the removed numbers won't appear on those devices anymore."

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2023 1:21 PM in response to Atyourservice2

Deregister iMessage on your iPhone or online - Apple Support

Deregister iMessage online

If you don't have access to your iPhone, you can deregister iMessage online. After you complete deregistration, your phone number is removed from iMessage services. You should be able to receive text messages right away but it might take a few hours for some Apple devices to recognize that you're not using iMessage when they send you a message.

Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support

"If the phone number that you want to remove belongs to an iPhone that you can't access, change your Apple ID password. This removes all phone numbers from your iPad, iPod touch, and Mac. Calls or messages for the removed numbers won't appear on those devices anymore."

Deregister iPhone i don’t have access to

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.