Sync issues with Mail

I use the Mail app to synchronize with my bigpond email account. I get new emails with out any problems. The odd thing is that my folders don't line up. If I create or delete folders they don't always replicate on Mail and I have a number of different "Bin" options in my account on Mail: the one labelled "Bin" has my current deleted items (fine) but also seems to contain dozens of folders (all empty) that I have deleted over the years. I also have "Deleted Items" and "Deleted Messages" neither of which seem to be of any use. I also have "Junk Email" and "Spam" ("Spam" seems to trap junk emails whilst "Junk Email" seems superfluous).

It's very odd and I can't work it out. I've deleted and reinstalled my Mail account a couple of times but the issue persists. HELP!

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 25, 2023 3:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2023 1:11 AM

Log in to your account on a web browser and see all the folders. Delete whichever is not required. --> Set up your Apple iPhone 12 iOS 14.1 for Telstra Mail

Similar questions

2 replies

Sync issues with Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.