how do I set up my new iPhone 13 when I can't remember I'm 6-digit passcode??

I was reading that I could place my new iphone13 next to my mac to override (lack of a better term) my forgotten 6-digit passcode.... I can't get my two devices to communicate even with the cord attached.

it seems i must reset my iPhone 13 to factory settings. My Mac has not enough storage space to back up my iPhone 13 so I used iCloud. it's not letting me use my unknown passcode through mac.

what do I do???

not an iPhone XR = that was my old phone!!

iPhone XR

Posted on Aug 25, 2023 5:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2023 5:17 PM

If your device has iOS 15.2 or later installed, you can reset it without a computer; check out this link→How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support. Otherwise you will need a computer:

See this Apple support link→If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

Or watch this companion video ⬇️

After restoring the phone using one of the methods above you can restore your most recent backup.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2023 5:17 PM in response to gay118

If your device has iOS 15.2 or later installed, you can reset it without a computer; check out this link→How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support. Otherwise you will need a computer:

See this Apple support link→If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

Or watch this companion video ⬇️

After restoring the phone using one of the methods above you can restore your most recent backup.

how do I set up my new iPhone 13 when I can't remember I'm 6-digit passcode??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.