Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Camera is not working, green indicator light sometimes comes on without any reason. Macbook pro (Apple M1 Pro)

I have the built in camera issue on my Macbook pro (Apple M1 Pro) MacOS 13.5.1 (22G90)

Camera is not working in any app, even in Photo Booth.

The green indicator light comes when I open some apps or sometimes after restart. Built in diagnostic shows camera failure code NDC001. There is no physical damage.

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on Aug 26, 2023 5:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2023 10:22 AM

razmadzekoko wrote:

I have the built in camera issue on my Macbook pro (Apple M1 Pro) MacOS 13.5.1 (22G90)
The green indicator light comes when I open some apps or sometimes after restart. Built in diagnostic shows camera failure code NDC001. There is no physical damage.

For hardware issues— take it in...

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2023 10:22 AM in response to razmadzekoko

razmadzekoko wrote:

For hardware issues— take it in...

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Aug 26, 2023 12:40 PM in response to leroydouglas

I am in the country of Georgia, unfortunately there is no Apple stores and Services, there is only one authorized service center, where they told me, I have to give them my macbook for 3 days to test and get the results, so I dont wanted to be 3 days without my working laptop, that's why I asked it here, probably someone has the same issue as well.

Aug 26, 2023 1:02 PM in response to razmadzekoko

razmadzekoko wrote:

I am in the country of Georgia, unfortunately there is no Apple stores and Services, there is only one authorized service center, where they told me, I have to give them my macbook for 3 days to test and get the results, so I dont wanted to be 3 days without my working laptop, that's why I asked it here, probably someone has the same issue as well.

< camera failure code NDC001 >

Sorry—hardware issues can not be solved on-line

Just like If you value your user data having backups is recommended,

If you can not go 3 days without your computer having backup hardware is recommended as well... ie a 2nd Mac

Camera is not working, green indicator light sometimes comes on without any reason. Macbook pro (Apple M1 Pro)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.