Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Unlock phone for new carrier issues

I am trying to move my carrier from Xfinity but cannot because Apple has not unlocked my phone. Xfinity keeps telling me they have requested it an should only take 24-48 hours. It has been over 72 hours and counting. Xfinity said my initial request to apple was cancelled because I checked with Xfinity about it and they had to start another ticket/request. COME ON GUYS! How can I get Apple to unlock my phone or is Xfinity lying to me about apple holding it up or can they really do it themselves? help!

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 26, 2023 9:28 AM

5 replies

Aug 26, 2023 9:52 AM in response to Johnnymm

Apple does NOT unlock iPhones to be used with another carrier. That is 100% on the carrier side. Xfinity is lying to you about waiting for Apple to do anything if you are locked to them.

In the related article link at the top of this page, which brought you here, it is clearly noted that Apple doesn't unlock phone and ONLY the carrier the phone is locked to can do so.

This is prominently displayed in that article:

"Apple can't unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier. Only your current carrier can unlock your iPhone."

Unlock phone for new carrier issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.