Mac Auto Zoom will not stop

While using Safari or Chrome the webpage I'm on randomly zooms in. I have already applied the Command>Option>8 step but this does NOT help. In my settings, the Auto Zoom has been turned off and yet this still happens. The websites it has happened on are listed in the Auto Zoom settings, however, I am unable to choose them individually to delete them. It is imperative I get this to stop. It has interrupted some very important transactions.

iMac (M1, 2021)

Posted on Aug 26, 2023 11:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2023 3:31 PM

it sounds to me like you have discovered "smart zoom". you can go into System Settings > Mouse in the "point & click" tab and turn off "smart zoom". (if you are using Monterey and before, the preferences panes will look different, but the setting is still in the "mouse > point and click" section)

then the unexpected zooming should stop. but if smart zoom is the cause, you may want to get used to how it works. since I started using it, I have wondered how I ever lived without it.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2023 3:31 PM in response to VerneDoveMtn

it sounds to me like you have discovered "smart zoom". you can go into System Settings > Mouse in the "point & click" tab and turn off "smart zoom". (if you are using Monterey and before, the preferences panes will look different, but the setting is still in the "mouse > point and click" section)

then the unexpected zooming should stop. but if smart zoom is the cause, you may want to get used to how it works. since I started using it, I have wondered how I ever lived without it.

Mac Auto Zoom will not stop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.