Can't update expiring credit card with active subscriptions, but don't want to cancel subscriptions

This is so frustrating. I have a credit card that is expiring in a few days.  I have a new card with the same number but a new expiry date. 

1.      Tried to add a new payment method:  Apple will not allow me to add the new card as it keeps stating that there is already a card with this number (yeah, but it won't let me EDIT the expiry date!)

2.     Tried to removed current payment method: Apple will not allow me to remove current payment method as there is an active subscription

3.     Went to App Store to try and remove payment method from subscriptions but this will not work.  I DO NOT want to cancel my Subscriptions - I just want to update the payment method. 

This is beyond a joke!  I just want to update the payment method but it won't let me edit it.  Why

is it so hard?  Can anyone help with this before I really have a melt down please? thanks

Posted on Aug 27, 2023 6:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2023 7:29 AM

Put a different method in temporarily, or click here and ask the iTunes Store staff for assistance.

(243732)

2 replies

Can't update expiring credit card with active subscriptions, but don't want to cancel subscriptions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.