Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Can’t locate signal strength.

I have an iPhone 12 and recently moved to the mountains. I was researching various cell signal boosters and read that you need to have a certain level of dbm/RSSI in order for some products to work. It was recommended that I try the field test by dialing *3001#12345#*

I followed all the instructions and was brought to the section on my iPhone that was supposed to show the RSSI (dbm) but it was not there. All of the other fields shown in the example were present except that one. Does anyone else have this issue? And can you tell me where I may find out my cell signal strength? Thanks.

Posted on Aug 27, 2023 7:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2023 7:58 AM

RSRP is short for Reference Signal Received Power, used when measuring 4G LTE networks. A cellular phone or another LTE-equipped device would display signal strength in RSRP, measured 0dBm (best signal) to -110dBm (weakest/no signal). An RSRP of -95dBm would be a strong signal whereas -115dBm would be very weak.

The pic below is self-explanatory

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2023 7:58 AM in response to Lsan

RSRP is short for Reference Signal Received Power, used when measuring 4G LTE networks. A cellular phone or another LTE-equipped device would display signal strength in RSRP, measured 0dBm (best signal) to -110dBm (weakest/no signal). An RSRP of -95dBm would be a strong signal whereas -115dBm would be very weak.

The pic below is self-explanatory

Can’t locate signal strength.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.