Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t do safety check. Unable to Gather "Notes" Sharing Information A problem occurred when attempting to gather sharing information.

I can’t preform a safety check because of an error that says “Unable to Gather

"Notes" Sharing

Information

A problem occurred when attempting to gather sharing information.”

I have done multiple up factory resets created different Apple ID’s but the error continues to remain. I’m am very upset because apple products are supposed to be difficult to compromise by attackers.

I was using an iPhone 14 pro max, Apple Watch, and a HomePod mini.

I have always used safety measures on my apple products because I thought they were pretty safe, they provide amazing accessibility features, and I loved the OS & build quality.

A few weeks ago my Apple ID and iPhone was compromised. I thought that apple support would be able to help me but I ended up going to an Apple Store to get help there. Apple doesn’t have anyone that can actually provide support for that issue. I even have the extended warranty that covers lost devices but they would have charged me an absurd amount of money to replace my devices that do not have any cosmetic damage. I have been a loyal customer for over 10 years.

Last week after speaking with tech support they mentioned that I had a developers account from my Apple ID. I have never created a developer account. When my devices and Apple ID were compromised the attacker

made a developer account for my Apple ID to further compromise my devices and hijack my account. Since my account is now a developer account the attacker was able to install a root kit on my devices that remains after resetting to factory settings. I am still waiting for assistance by an Apple representative.

Posted on Aug 27, 2023 9:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2024 2:11 AM

Im having this problem

too. I’m not sharing with anyone. Why is there no fix for this?

Similar questions

3 replies

Can’t do safety check. Unable to Gather "Notes" Sharing Information A problem occurred when attempting to gather sharing information.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.