Is the Sudio Display compatible with a 15 inch M2 MacBook Air? I notice that computer is not listed in the Compatibilty list on the Apple website. I'd really like to use the larger display with the MacBook Air.

I really would like to use the larger display but don't want to go to the expense and bother if I can't use the Studio Display with the 15 inch M2 MacBook Air. It would be fine if there is a port adapter that can connect the two.

MacBook Air (M2, 2022)

Posted on Aug 27, 2023 11:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2023 4:18 PM

Reading the specifications, it looks to me like they are compatible. The 27" 5K Studio Display requires Thunderbolt input, so you would connect the 15" M2 MacBook Air to the 27" 5K Studio Display using a Thunderbolt cable, such as the 1-meter (approximately 3-foot) cable included in the monitor box.

Studio Display - Technical Specifications - Apple

"Studio Display is compatible with the following Mac models running macOS Monterey 12.3 or later:

• MacBook Air (2018 or later)"

MacBook Air (15-inch, M2, 2023) - Technical Specifications

"Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at 1 billion colors and:

• One external display with up to 6K resolution at 60Hz

Thunderbolt 3 digital video output"

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2023 4:18 PM in response to jonfromco

Reading the specifications, it looks to me like they are compatible. The 27" 5K Studio Display requires Thunderbolt input, so you would connect the 15" M2 MacBook Air to the 27" 5K Studio Display using a Thunderbolt cable, such as the 1-meter (approximately 3-foot) cable included in the monitor box.

Studio Display - Technical Specifications - Apple

"Studio Display is compatible with the following Mac models running macOS Monterey 12.3 or later:

• MacBook Air (2018 or later)"

MacBook Air (15-inch, M2, 2023) - Technical Specifications

"Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at 1 billion colors and:

• One external display with up to 6K resolution at 60Hz

Thunderbolt 3 digital video output"

Is the Sudio Display compatible with a 15 inch M2 MacBook Air? I notice that computer is not listed in the Compatibilty list on the Apple website. I'd really like to use the larger display with the MacBook Air.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.