Numbers sheet saved in Icloud not syncing on Iphone

I have a Numbers sheet saved on Icloud I normally use my Ipad to make changes to it but those changes do not show up when I open it on my Iphone

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 27, 2023 12:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2023 7:24 PM

Is it never updating, or just sporadically? If the latter, in Settings / Numbers check if updating through cellular data is active. Otherwise the file could only be updating when you're on a wifi network.

A long shot, but are you sure that both the iPad and the iPhone are looking at the same file in exactly the same directory? Maybe one is an old copy.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2023 7:24 PM in response to SGIII

Is it never updating, or just sporadically? If the latter, in Settings / Numbers check if updating through cellular data is active. Otherwise the file could only be updating when you're on a wifi network.

A long shot, but are you sure that both the iPad and the iPhone are looking at the same file in exactly the same directory? Maybe one is an old copy.

Aug 27, 2023 6:00 PM in response to zamorana

Have you double-checked that all your devices are signed into the same iCloud account and that Numbers on each is configured to work with iCloud and store documents on iCloud Drive?

On the iPhone tap Settings > Your name > iCloud and make sure Numbers is turned on as one of the APPS USING ICLOUD. You may need to tap Show All > to see it in a long list.

Also go to Settings and scroll down (often a long way) until you find Numbers. Tap it and confirm that Document Storage is set to iCloud Drive (not On My iPhone).

The process is similar on the iPad.

SG

Numbers sheet saved in Icloud not syncing on Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.