Apple TV screen saver not changing

I have seen this question numerous times on here but no one has provided an answer that works on my Apple TV.

I have Model A1625 (not sure which # that is) running tvOS 16.5.

Only Screen Saver Type available is Aerial.

Themes shows 4 different themes.

The only screen saver that ever shows up is downtown Los Angeles.

I've even tried to hide cityscape but that's all that shows. No other cities. No other themes.

Are the others not downloaded? I had Download New Videos set to Never. But I've changed that to Daily now.

I can do the Preview and swipe left or right but still get downtown Los Angeles (which I am quite sick of seeing!)

Any definitive solution?

Posted on Aug 27, 2023 12:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2023 3:26 PM

Restart Apple TV - Apple Support if you didn’t restart it after changing it to daily, this might be what it needed to refresh settings.

• If it still doesn’t load new scenes, unfortunately the only way I was able to fix mine when this happened was to factory Reset the Apple TV and set it up again. After that you should get 2 or 3 new ones a day.

Reset Apple TV - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2023 3:26 PM in response to MrsMusic63

Restart Apple TV - Apple Support if you didn’t restart it after changing it to daily, this might be what it needed to refresh settings.

• If it still doesn’t load new scenes, unfortunately the only way I was able to fix mine when this happened was to factory Reset the Apple TV and set it up again. After that you should get 2 or 3 new ones a day.

Reset Apple TV - Apple Support

Apple TV screen saver not changing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.