Once you put photos in albums how can you delete off photo page without them deleting in album?

I put photos in albums, but I noticed when I started deleting of photo page they were also deleting out of album.

iPhone 5, iOS 10

Posted on Aug 27, 2023 4:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2023 4:32 PM

If you delete photos from the Library, they are deleted from any albums they are in. There is no option to delete photos from the Library without deleting them from all Albums.

Note that this does not take extra storage space. There is only one photo in storage, it is just displayed in multiple places.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2023 4:32 PM in response to Kathy347

If you delete photos from the Library, they are deleted from any albums they are in. There is no option to delete photos from the Library without deleting them from all Albums.

Note that this does not take extra storage space. There is only one photo in storage, it is just displayed in multiple places.

Once you put photos in albums how can you delete off photo page without them deleting in album?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.