Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

iPhone contacts are multiplying

My iPhone contacts are set up to sync with iCloud. For some reason, my contacts are multiplying seemingly infinitely on my iPhone. On my computer, I have (for the most part) one contact per name. Below shows about 1/8 of the entries for Free conference call on my phone. On my computer, there is one entry for free conference call. I already disconnected my iPhone contacts from icloud, deleted them from my phone, and then reconnected. After reconnecting, I literally watched some contacts multiply.

What do I do?

Posted on Aug 27, 2023 6:23 PM

1 reply

Aug 28, 2023 3:35 PM in response to MichiganRachel

Hello MichiganRachel,

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you're running into an issue with duplicate contacts on your iPhone. Have you tried the actions suggested in, Get rid of duplicate contacts on iPhone - Apple Support? If not, this would be the best place to start.

"Resolve duplicate contacts

If you have more than one contact card with the same first and last name, you can merge the duplicate contacts.

1. Below My Card, tap Duplicates Found.
  2. Tap individual contacts to review and merge them, or tap Merge All to merge all duplicate contacts."

If you continue to experience issues, you may want to reach out to Apple Support for additional guidance. They can be reached directly at Get Support.

Best regards.

iPhone contacts are multiplying

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.