Black bar appearing instead of location services symbol in menu bar

When I turn on my computer in the morning, instead of the location services symbol appearing in the menu bar, all I get shown is a black line (see image).

I don't know why this is happening, and I cannot find any mention of a bug like this online. While it's not a major issue in itself, it might be an indication that other problems might be going on that I don't know about...

I am running MacOS 13.4.1 (c), in case that matters.

MacBook Pro 16″

Posted on Aug 27, 2023 8:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2023 2:12 AM

You may what to experiment with >>

1 - Restart in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

2 - Safe Mode will also eliminate Third Party Software, extensions and drivers from loading. It will only load the Minimum amount of Core Apple Processes to allow the the computer to function at a reduced Level of Performance 

3 - Does the issue present in this mode ?

4 - Sometimes a Safe Boot followed by a Normal Boot will just put things right.

" I am running MacOS 13.4.1 (c), in case that matters. "

The current version of Ventura, is at this moment is 13.5.1

refer below

Apple security releases - Apple Support (CA)

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support (CA)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2023 2:12 AM in response to isolated_matrix

You may what to experiment with >>

1 - Restart in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

2 - Safe Mode will also eliminate Third Party Software, extensions and drivers from loading. It will only load the Minimum amount of Core Apple Processes to allow the the computer to function at a reduced Level of Performance 

3 - Does the issue present in this mode ?

4 - Sometimes a Safe Boot followed by a Normal Boot will just put things right.

" I am running MacOS 13.4.1 (c), in case that matters. "

The current version of Ventura, is at this moment is 13.5.1

refer below

Apple security releases - Apple Support (CA)

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support (CA)

Black bar appearing instead of location services symbol in menu bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.