Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is there a blue or black vertical line running down the left side of my MacBook Pro Screen?

Why is there a black or blue vertical line running down the left side of my MacBook Pro Screen? How do I get rid of it? This is a new MacBook Pro 16 (2021) running on Monterey 12.6

Posted on Sep 21, 2022 3:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2022 3:54 PM

Take a screenshot. Then view the screenshot, but make sure to move the viewer to the right so that you can see whether the vertical line also appears in the screenshot. If you don't move the viewer to the right a bit the screenshot may line up exactly with the screen & line. Or you can view the screenshot on another display or device. If the line does not appear on the screenshot, then it means the laptop's built-in Display has a hardware issue and will need repaired.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2022 3:54 PM in response to HelpC21

Take a screenshot. Then view the screenshot, but make sure to move the viewer to the right so that you can see whether the vertical line also appears in the screenshot. If you don't move the viewer to the right a bit the screenshot may line up exactly with the screen & line. Or you can view the screenshot on another display or device. If the line does not appear on the screenshot, then it means the laptop's built-in Display has a hardware issue and will need repaired.

Why is there a blue or black vertical line running down the left side of my MacBook Pro Screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.